< Back to All Jobs
Siemens AG - 19 days ago
Technical Documentation Specialist
Posted: 12 February, 2019
Technical Writer – Process Control System User Documentation
Developing and editing of high quality user documentation in English for the Siemens distributed control system and applications.
Siemens requires a technical writer with a strong technical background in Energy domain to write User documentation for various products. The technical writer must be able to:
- Plan, research, write, illustrate and/ or edit existing or new documentation sets on the complex technical topics.
- Collaborate with Development, Testing, Product Management and other cross-functional teams to produce accurate and high quality documentation.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in interaction with various teams.
- Read and analyze Specifications and other Engineering-authored technical documents to interpret overall functionality and product intricacies.
- Work extensively on the product to gain an understanding of the technical details and functioning.
- Work with minimal supervision through all the stages of the Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC).
- Participate in the development process of new products or features (both Agile and waterfall).
- Analyse and fix user documentation bugs.
- Ensure adherence to established processes and quality standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech in Instrumentation & Control/ Computer Science/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication/ Information Technology
- 3-8 years of work experience in designing and developing technical user documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Proficient knowledge of and an experienced user of the distributed control system
- Knowledge of using XML-based authoring tools (preferably COSIMA, SIPS+)
- Knowledge of DITA and working knowledge of content management system
- Knowledge of graphic tool such as Snagit and Paint Shop Pro.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC).
- Good knowledge of and application of style guides and industry practices.
- Well-versed with Lean/ Agile and Waterfall methods of User documentation.
- Hands on experience in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Should be a quick learner, self-driven and highly motivated.
- Ability to quickly grasp new products, tools and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of Power plant engineering.
- Experience in one or more agile frameworks (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Basic knowledge of the requirement engineering system (e.g. DOORS), configuration management system (e.g. Clearcase).
- Excellent intercultural and collaboration skills. Coordination and contact with colleagues in a global development environment is paramount
Job ID: 98383
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens AG - 19 days ago
How to Apply?