Snr Cyber Security Specialist
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is a strategic business unit in Home and Building Technologies (HBT) that installs building technology & systems to create a smart, safer, and more sustainable world. HBS is responsible for leading Honeywell’s IoT Connected Buildings Enterprise, and evolution to a cyber software-industrial company, to blend physical building products to create unique value for customers.
HBS offerings and sales/project/service requirements are evolving in line with the industrial internet of things (IIoT) and cyber security is become a driving force. We are seeking a Cyber Security Specialist to provide remote and onsite cyber security & network services associated with Building Systems. This will include remote and on-site consulting and pre-sales support, troubleshooting, network designs, security control implementations, cyber security assessments and any other activities relating to the deployment of HBS’s Buildings Cyber Security Offering to customers globally.
This role will be part of the HBS Global Digital Operations organisation, to enable HBS regional teams and branches to sell/install/service Digital, Cyber offerings at speed, consistency, to a high standard, and securely. This will enable us to execute on our accelerated growth strategy, continue to evolve ahead of our competition, and maintain our position as a trusted market leader in the Connected Buildings/Enterprise space.
With ever-increasing integration and connectivity, Cyber Security has become a critical requirement and consideration in how we offer, design and deliver solutions to customers. In line with the Digital Operations organisation and standards, this role will lead the improvement and governance of HBS’s field cyber security capability and standards across the globe to ensure HBS is designing and implementing secure solutions for our customers, in line with industry standards and practices.
The role will be a contributing member to the HBS Global ICT & Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (COE), working with representatives from all areas of the business to identify, prioritise, and coordinate the activities required to improve Honeywell’s capability in this space. You will help identify emerging trends, contribute to pole and global strap growth initiatives and drive new technology standards and adoption to help HBS improve its capability and expand its product and solution offering.
Key Accountabilities / Deliverables of the role
- Promote and raise awareness of HBS Cyber security offerings portfolio and be the focal point for executing these offerings.
- Assume support and/or lead role in assigned projects insuring project delivered on time and within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Maintain cyber security certifications and keep technically current with the security requirements, while maintaining expert knowledge on specific designated disciplines
- Develop sound and trusted relationships with internal and external customers by providing accurate and efficient technical/engineering support.
- Develop sound and trusted relationships with internal and external customers by providing accurate and efficient technical/engineering support.
- Respond to customer inquiries, questions and issues by diagnosing problems and providing the most appropriate technical solution in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry security standards such as IEC-62443, NERC CIP, ISO 27000, etc.
- Maintain industrial safety awareness through the completion of pertinent safety certifications.
- Requires 25-50% travel.
- Identify, promote and lead global HBS cyber security initiatives.
- Identify and Evaluate current and potential future cyber security offerings.
- Establish relationships with marketing, legal, Enterprise IT and other divisions within Honeywell to launch, support and improve HBS Cyber security offerings.
- Support the tender process for Cyber security opportunities worldwide.
- Contribute to the development of global ICT/Cyber standards for systems implementation, including server configurations, security design principals and configuration, virtual deployments, network deployment requirements, EBI/DVM hardening and backup & anti-virus standards.
- Identify areas of innovation, technical excellence and best practices through knowledge sharing internally (regionally and globally) and externally to facilitate HBS becoming the go-to business for clients, star performers and employees.
- Keeps abreast of all relevant developments and innovations in the IT field and researches best practice methodologies and ensure emerging technologies are correctly aligned with customer requirements and solution offering.
- Provide feedback and liaise with product management to ensure HBS product portfolio is appropriate to the changing needs of current and new customers, and suits our regional market.
Key Success Factors (Key Metrics / KPIs / Deliverables)
- Provides strategic input and guidance for global cybersecurity services
- Identifying new trends, working with Marketing and Engineering to ensure we have the solutions and capabilities to evolve our offering and keep ahead of the market.
- Drive GBE standardisation activities to promote best practices, knowledge sharing, and project/service excellence.
- Ability to drive transformational change programmes across diverse geographic area and functional business groups.
- Managing Challenges
- Managing by influence to achieve changes that improve project & service delivery and customer satisfaction at the coal face
- Maintaining a balance between strategies and plans that are challenging and externally connected versus internally achievable and realistic
- Managing multiple stakeholders with competing demands
- Taking strategies and plans through execution to control stages that deliver results
- Balancing short term and long term goals, Prioritisation of focus, maximise return on effort
- Teaming with specialists within Honeywell and outside
- Understanding and integrating with a diverse range of technologies, protocols and applications.
- GBE & Regional Functional leaders
- Global Engineering
- Global Marketing
- Global Sales
- Sales Support Centre
- Regional sales/project/service teams
- 3PrdP party Technology Vendors
- 3PrdP party Software Vendors
- Industry Bodies & Providers
Qualifications/ Experience/ Knowledge
Required Licenses, Accreditations / Clearances / Statutory requirements
Ability to achieve secrete level clearance with required regional government/defence.
Education / Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Certification and/or Training in relevant ICT industry technologies such as MCTS/MCSA (Microsoft), VCP (VMware), CCNA (Cisco) or similar.
- Certification and/or Training in relevant Cyber qualifications including CISSP, CEH.
- Information Security accreditation (CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional or equivalent)
- Accreditation with relevant ICT industry association
- ITIL – IT Service Management Certification
- TOGAF Certification (Enterprise/Solution Architecture)
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification.
- Experience with security frameworks such as: ISO 27001, NIST Guidelines and IEC/ISA 62443.
- Significant exposure and expertise across ICT infrastructure, networking, security principals, software, systems, applications, integration, virtualization and storage technologies as well as best practice for design and implementation.
- Significant exposure and expertise across cyber security related HW and SW, including Firewalls, NGaV, Backup Systems, Encryption, Secure Remote Access, White Listing.
- Significant exposure and experience working on cybersecurity tenders and projects.
- Significant experience in delivering cybersecurity controls and good practises globally.
- Experience working on large cybersecurity projects within the commercial and critical infrastructure verticals.
- Experience with writing and publishing global security guidance documentation.
- Experience with creating security notifications for internal and external parties.
- Experience in cyber security awareness programmes.
- Experience with Incident response processes.
- Experience in the implementation of ITIL practices, continuous improvement and client focused service delivery standards and methodologies in large and complex organisations.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of current trends, and an ability and history of identifying areas for business improvement to drive growth and operational improvement.
- Experience implementing highly complex, integrated, secure systems in the Security, CCTV or Building Management space, and knowledge of current trends and how this impacts design & implementation.
- Familiarity with embedded software in the automation and control systems domain.
- Experience implementing Honeywell’s integrated product offerings and solutions and/or industry building automation software and solutions.
- Sound change management skills to lead change and acceptance within the workforce by proactively and creatively taking action to achieve goals.
- Experience with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills needed for interfacing with high-level internal stakeholders, external clients, and geographically, culturally and linguistically diverse employees.
- Strong customer focus. The ability to partner with senior level management and business stakeholders, to understand HBS businesses/functions, and to deliver the best global design/deployment solutions.
- Manage complexity, deal with ambiguity, and drive results in a highly matrixed environment. Ability to remove performance barriers and deliver under challenging circumstances.
- Self-motivated, goal orientated, determine own work priorities, training requirements, ability to meet deadlines and works well under pressure.
- Very strong business acumen – ability to make strategic trade-off’s and balance competitive pressure with risk management and mitigation.
- Global mindset. The ability to align with a standard global strategy while balancing unique, sometimes conflicting regional and business-specific requirements.
- Learns quickly adapting to new projects, technologies, processes and/or cross industry verticals.
- Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future technical trends accurately; learn quickly and think independently to adapt as required.
- Be proficient in the execution of risk management, issue management and scope management processes.
- Ability to build and maintain strategic customer relationships, and establishes and builds credibility quickly.
- Strong effective communication skills (both written and oral) and people management with the ability to motivate and inspire trust of management, staff, diverse clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent computer, presentation and technical writing skills.
- Proficient in strategically assessing and identifying new business opportunities, and strong customer/relationship management skills.
- Ability to define and architect specific solutions within an ambiguous environment and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong command and control skills to manage through internal and customer challenges.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual engineering group environment.
- Ability to think strategically in applying process improvement tools to solve business problems.
- A strong commitment to safety and a safe working environment.
- Can clearly articulate technical value and demonstrate how solutions map to a customer’s needs and drivers.
Analysis / Problem Assessment
Securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect relationships.
Building Business Partnerships
Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work with business partners (e.g. peers, other departments or units, external vendors, customer’s, other organisations etc.) to meet mutual goals and objectives.
Building Customer Loyalty
Facilitating the development of others’ knowledge and skills; providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
Taking action to maximise the contribution of own area of the business to the company’s profitability and growth. This involves constantly looking for opportunities to improve business performance and growth; managing business operations to maintain ongoing competitive advantage; taking business decisions based on cost benefit analysis, business savvy and consideration of organisational constraints and resources.
Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including non-verbal); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
Customer Service Orientation
Proactively developing customer relationships; making efforts to listen and to understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
Drive for Results
Exceeds goals successfully; bottom line oriented; pushes self and others for results
Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitation the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Individual Leadership / Influencing and Mentoring
Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Planning And Organising / Work Management
Indicating through actions and decisions a sense of importance to get the job done; focusing on the most important things; being impatient with obstacles and lack of movement; taking action to overcome obstacles and seek solutions.
Knowledge of sales tools for customer analysis and estimating
Teamwork / Collaboration
Working effectively with team or work group or those outside formal line of authority (e.g., associates, senior managers) to accomplish organisational goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the organisation or team.
Understanding and Knowledge of HBS unique value proposition, articulating unique value proposition of all buying influences within opportunity.
How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Job ID: HRD53596
- Category: Engineering
- Location: House No. 8-2-418, Road No.7, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, TS IND
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell - 5 days ago
How to Apply?