Senior Director, Program Manager Asia
ASIA PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND ADVISORY SERVICES
As the Program Manager in the Asia region, you will be responsible for managing, supervising and supporting the implementation of the Global Advisory Solutions team service offerings.
- Act as the senior strategic advisor to the Global Advisory Solutions teams’ clients and provide advice in the delivery of digitally based, data driven, client centered financial products and services, with the goal of improving efficiency, reducing cost and increasing scale for Accion’s partners.
- Serve as senior technical resource for “digital transformation” initiatives, such as with partners identified under the new Merchant Acceleration Partnership with Mastercard, with focus on accelerating FSPs’ growth strategies in reaching micro and small businesses with digitally enabled products and services.
- Provide advice in the design, modeling, and evaluation of the different initiatives proposed by technical teams, articulating potential partnerships with other organizations or providers, and facilitating strategic decision-making and high impact deliverables.
- Provide technical support to clients in our core service offerings (such as customer strategy, digital channels, strategic planning, etc.). in your area(s) of expertise
- Working closely with project managers, ensure projects are staffed, funded, monitored and controlled to ensure successful deliverable completion.
- Ensure project outputs and learnings are shared across the department throughout and at the close of each project.
LEADERSHIP AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
As a senior member of the team, you will contribute to the overall strategy and operation of Global Advisory Solutions and will ensure it is implemented in the region in the most impactful and scalable way.
- Provide coaching and management of the Advisory project teams that operate in the Asia region.
- Set objectives for the region and the regional team in line with overall Global Advisory Solutions team objectives.
- Monitor performance and provide feedback on progress against objectives.
- Identify development needs of your team and develop the team’s capacity where needed, particularly around the deployment of new technologies and channels.
- Identify skill gaps within the region and work with the Global Program Manager to develop a strategy to fill the gaps, including recruitment of new team members as well as building a deep roster of regional consultants to complement Accion’s advisory services.
As part of the Accion Asia leadership, you will be leading the Global Advisory Solutions team’s Asia regional strategy focusing on identifying and supporting demonstration models that decrease cost and improve quality of financial services for the underbanked at scale. This will be carried out in close coordination with Accion’s Chief Regional Officer, who works across Accion’s areas of engagement (investments, advisory and industry influence) to build Accion’s presence in the region. This will entail developing and maintaining partnerships with relevant organizations in the financial inclusion landscape such as financial institutions, fintech companies, technology providers, government organizations, and others that can leverage Accion’s advisory services to deliver on our strategy. The focus of the Advisory team’s business development includes commercial financial sector players interested in developing and/or expanding digital financial products and services to better serve the underbanked.
- Identify and pursue opportunities with current and new partners for deploying Accion’s advisory support in core service offering areas, with particular focus on those with potential to be demonstration models for serving the underbanked. These may include opportunities around launching digital lending models, building a platform for supply chain finance, developing digitally enabled customer engagement tools and platforms, or leveraging data in different ways.
- Build deep relationships with regional vendors, including fintech companies, which may serve as implementation partners for our FSP clients.
- Grow Accion’s regional network in order to attract a wide array of human and financial resources.
- Oversee the development and presentation of project proposals to clients and/or donors, including support to overall scope development, pricing and negotiation.
- Identify and pursue new funding relationships in the region, in coordination with Resource Development.
- Advise and support our investment officers during due diligences in the region when required, and provide them with a technical point of view on potential deals.
- Actively participate in conferences, discussion forums, and other knowledge sharing and networking spaces to promote Accion and be a thought leader for the Asia region.
- Propose new, creative and impactful ideas to implement Accion’s strategy in the region.
- Minimum 15 years’ relevant experience in financial services gained through working with and/or advising financial services providers, and 3 years of experience in digital technology for financial services.
- Proven expertise in leading change management initiative for financial service provider.
- Master’s degree in relevant area, MBA preferred.
- Deep understanding of financial technologies with a technology background and the capacity to provide strategic advice to FSPs on digital and technology related decisions.
- Solid network in the financial services field with deep understanding of the Asia market particularly in India. Experience in Myanmar and Indonesia also valued.
- Proven ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems quantitatively and/or qualitatively and make and be able to influence sound decisions based on available information.
- Extensive project management skills and a proven ability to manage and coach teams.
- Proven client business development/sales and proven negotiating experience.
- Ability to travel at least 30% regionally and internationally.
- Ability to speak and write fluent English is required.
Accion International - 14 days ago
How to Apply?