Security Analyst - Global Services
You will be responsible detecting and monitoring for specific activity affecting our clients’ technology domain (servers, networks and all infrastructure supporting production applications for the enterprise, as well as development environments).
Your role is to perform a variety of real-time Incident analysis activities. This includes applying your analytical, reasoning & specialised technical expertise to investigate, isolate network and performance incidents by identifying issues, risks, problems and applying best-practice incident management to resolve customer challenges, minimise impact and mitigate risk.
Competency and knowledge (hands on, conceptual, and real life) of network performance and availability systems is highly desirable, but not mandatory.
Knowledge of solutions such as IDS, IPS, NGFW, WAF, netflow and packet capture technologies is ideal.
Candidates must have good and demonstrable knowledge of internetworking concepts.
This position is for you if you can demonstrate a passion for information security and have a desire to develop your career to become a member of an elite team of security professionals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interact with Clients, Security Analysts, Specialists, Engineers, and Managers
- Processing of performance and availability alerts, events and notifications (e.g. via email, ticketing, virus warning, intelligence feeds, etc.)
- Notification of internal and/or external teams according to agreed alert priority levels, and escalation trees
- Monitoring client’s IT infrastructure within contracted service levels.
- Logging, managing and coordinating service requests through to resolution including the identification, isolation, resolution and escalation of client IT infrastructure faults.
- Ability to follow established and/or ad-hoc processes and work instructions.
- Monitor, identify and classify Availability and Performance events.
- Monitor events, create Incidents tickets, talk with our Clients, explain the issue and escalate where applicable.
- Prioritise Incidents based on risks and relevant impact, working with the appropriate teams to ensure related communications are in line with company best practice and expectations.
Education & Qualifications
- 3- 5 yrs of relevant experiance.
- English – excellent spoken and written
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in an Operations Monitoring role
- An aspiring security professional looking for a foot in the door into the infosec industry with a leading Managed Service provider;
- Knowledge of ticketing and workflow management systems, e.g. ServiceNow, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Remedy.
- Knowledge of network technologies including Routers, Switches, Firewalls.
- Preferred: CCNA, CompTIA+, Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- Desirable: Security+, SANS GIAC, CCNA-Security
- Desirable: Previous experience in a SOC / NOC / 24x7 Ops Team
- Desirable: Experience with Wireshark, tcpdump for conducting network packet and flow analysis.
To be successful in this role you will also demonstrate:
- Ability to work un-supervised as well as being able to work as part of a team in a pressured environment.
- Reliability to maintain focus on contracted deliverables at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal, co-ordination and problem solving skills.
- High level of initiative, accountability, professional diligence, attention to detail and ability to follow process.
- Proactive, flexible attitude to work with a willingness to constantly review and improve skills and process.
- Partnership, Personal Commitment and the ability to work in a Global multi-national Cyber Security organisation;
- Strong customer focus showing empathy, understanding and readiness to understand and support our Clients
- A “right first time” attitude to all aspects of your work
- An understanding of current and emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and trends.
Employees of NTT Security enjoy outstanding career opportunities, industry competitive pay and benefits and a stimulating work environment.
With a choice of future career paths and training this role will enhance your career prospects.
NTT Security - 8 days ago
How to Apply?