Location: Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Requisition Number: 34898
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
This position is for a “Research Scientist” who can use his/her engineering knowledge and fundamental understanding to solve problems using modeling & simulation. We are looking for strong, dynamic, and independent individuals with out-of-the-box thinking to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions for products & processes.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Use commercial and/or in-house software tools to perform product performance & process modeling simulations.
- Develop mathematical models and fundamental understanding to describe a product or process by using state-of-the-art technology
- Communicate and present regular project updates to stakeholders located across the globe
- Keep abreast with the technological advancements
- Sound understanding of engineering fundamentals like fluid dynamics, solid mechanics, heat transfer, transport phenomenon, reacting flows, combustion, etc.
- Experience in commercial/open-source software such as FLUENT, OpenFOAM, COMSOL, SpaceClaim, ANSYS Meshing platform, ANSYS Mechanical, Polyflow, MATLAB, Tecplot, etc.
- Programming skills: C/C++, Fluent UDF’s, Unix, Shell, Python
- Ability to effectively deliver on R&D projects in a business environment
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic work environment
- Experience in multiple software and/or programming languages will be an added advantage
Education and Experience:
- Masters / Dual Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (Thermal & Fluids) from IITs / IISc only
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience
Corning - 30+ days ago
How to Apply?