< Back to All Jobs
Microsoft - 5 months ago
National Security Officer
New Delhi, Delhi
Posted: 16 April, 2019
We`re looking for a passionate, experienced and credible technology evangelist to act as an Executive Security Advisor who will help to position Microsoft as a principal thought leader for cybersecurity, and drive a streamlined cyber vision across global sellers and key enterprise customers. A significant proportion of the role involves delivering executive briefings, and working at the C-level with both public and private sector organizations, candidates should be able to demonstrate experience and success in these areas.
Candidates will need to demonstrate deep and broad knowledge of information security at the level of technical depth required to engage with CISOs in our key enterprise customers, including in the context of cloud, AI, IoT and other emerging technologies. Candidates should demonstrate an understanding of business change processes, how security can be a business enabler, and have experience in helping to unblock security related opportunities.
The role involves working as part of a small global team, and although regionally based, the person hired will also support colleagues in other geographies.
The Core Role Focuses On
- Positioning & evangelizing Microsoft as principal thought leader for cybersecurity in region
- Supporting key account teams & partners in region on cybersecurity matters
- Advising the CISOs/CIOs/CDOs in top accounts on emerging threats, information security best practices, and Microsoft’s cybersecurity capabilities
- Supporting key cross-company objectives and delivery of cyber threat assessments and workshops in region
- Supporting selected global & regional cybersecurity initiatives
- Mentoring & supporting the broader Microsoft security community and key subsidiary & account teams in region
- Providing expert consulting on sensitive relationship and technology issues.
- Engaging with governments and regulators on cybersecurity, technical policy, and innovation.
- A career profile that will enable the candidate to be a credible security evangelist and advisor to C-level executives in both public & private sector, and to deal effectively with senior internal stakeholders
- Experience and direct responsibility for developing security strategies for companies and/or governments and for overseeing the implementation and execution of said strategies, especially as a Chief Information Security Officer
- Technical depth in Information Security required to engage with CISOs in our key enterprise customers, including in the context of cloud, AI, IoT and other emerging technologies.
- Strong oral & written communication skills, strong influencing skills, experience in public speaking to large and small audiences.
- Experienced & credible communicator who can cast security in the language of the business, discussing Microsoft’s security strategy to C-level executives and senior government representatives.
- Deep and broad knowledge of security issues & trends, able to articulate the high-level Microsoft security strategy to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Evidence of ability to deliver vision and strategy, manage projects and programs, and meet deadlines
- Evidence of strategic thinking including the ability to analyze industry trends and competitive landscapes
- CISA / CISSP certification preferred, or willing to become certified within one year of employment
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft - 5 months ago
How to Apply?