Marketing & Social Media Specialist
We are a young non-profit that works with micro enterprises, non-profit livelihood based organisations and artisans to build their ability to create marketable products, meet market standards and earn a secure livelihood. The purpose of the Earthy Goods Foundation is to ensure that small producers do not get excluded from mainstream markets because of their inability to afford professional inputs in deployment of appropriate technology, new product development, quality assurance, packaging, certification & branding.
We are now staffing for key roles as we ramp up to create India’s first ever online directory for artisans. This program will improve the Indian artisan’s direct access to markets, help them create contemporary products for urban consumers and markets, thereby earn a fair remunerative income from their craft and skills.
This is a purposeful role for a passionate marketing, business development or social media professional to contribute to building a brand that symbolizes India’s finest crafts and artisans. The aim is to market authentic handmade Indian craftsmanship (including languishing and forgotten crafts) to a much larger market in India and abroad and facilitate direct linkages between buyer and artisan for custom orders; thereby making craft a route for sustainable livelihoods for poor and disenfranchised artisans.
The two key aspects of the role are:
1. Develop and deliver a communication strategy for retail buyers on the online platform that includes:
- Powerful artisan, product and rural community stories
- Effective use of social media and response based campaigns
- PR and other unconventional marketing channels
2. Create and manage a strong pipeline of retail customers for the portfolio of products. This will include:
- Building and managing database of prospective buyers
- Facilitating buyer inquiries and contact with artisans
- Facilitating order placement
- Soliciting and incorporating buyer feedback
- Sending regular updates to buyers on new artisans registered and products showcased
- Sending regular mobile updates to artisans on potential buyers interested in their craft
If you enjoy engaging with consumers, are deft with social media, and love developing innovative campaigns, we’d encourage you to join our team. The role requires that you have prior experience in sales/marketing and communication. The role will be supported by our merchandising and order fulfillment staff who would provide for product/craft recommendations specific to client requirements and ensure meticulous fulfillment for orders and deliveries.
This role is Delhi-based.
- Create regular and engaging content based on compelling product stories for the online directory, blog, Facebook, Twitter, all of which will leads to a larger order pipeline
- Build an active online community of 10,000 potential consumers
- Execute regular contests, response based campaigns to promote handcrafted products and environment positive products
- Research product and consumption trends and preferences which can be dovetailed with product development strategy
2. Client Engagement and business results:
- Build client engagement based on business targets:
o Manage client engagement with retail customers and ensure they are addressed proactively
o Continuously build an order pipeline through innovative PR
o Identify new potential clients, respond to inquiries, follow up with product recommendations, convert customers and monitor exceptional order fulfillment with support team
- Ensure business targets are met by the team
- Marketing/sales/communication professional with 3-5 years of work experience in consumer/craft/lifestyle products
- Experience in dealing with retail clients
- Experience in conceptualising and delivering smart online marketing tie-ups and promotions
- A working understanding of social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and blogs
Skills and Personality:
- A confident and warm personality
- Enjoys working with people and has a flair for selling
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to negotiate effectively (pricing, timelines, client expectations)
- Ability to work well in small teams and a start-up environment
Please email your resume to Aparna Sanjay at [email protected]
earthy goods - 30+ days ago
How to Apply?