IT SYSTEM MANAGER
Relocation Level: No
Hiring Manager: PAVAN MARISETTY
Recruiter: BHARGAVI KRISHNA DIVI
IT System Manager
We are changing the way Micron Technology Inc. thinks about IT Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) and are looking for an experienced Windows and VMware Engineer who will help with the transformation of IT Operations at Micron.
In this role, your primary focus will be on Windows Server and VMware operations. This role will help maintaining operational excellence in multiple world class Data Center environments.
This position will be in Hyderabad, India, working in a fast-paced, agile and iterative environment, affording the stability of a global, established and competitive technology company.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INTERNAL CANDIDATES WITHIN THE IT ORG WILL NOT NEED TO SEEK SUPERVISOR APPROVAL TO INTERVIEW FOR THIS ROLE.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
You will work regularly with Micron’s data center tech lead and operation manager to ensure operational excellence and efficiency. You will be expected to maintain SLA, 99.99% server uptime, be proactive minimizing environment issues and follow Micron’s change management process. You will have the opportunity to travel to other Micron sites if needed as well as attending technology conferences and trainings.
As part of your responsibilities you will be required to:
- Provide 24/7 operational support within Windows Server, VMware and hardware technologies.
- Maintain global collaboration with the other Micron IT operations teams, both internal and external to I&O
- L2/L3 Incident and problem management
- Vendor cases management
- Maintain OLA and SLA agreements with other Micron Business Units
- Server capacity planning
- Server lifecycle (Virtual and Physical)
- Server provisioning
- OS upgrade and Lifecyle
- CMDB housekeeping
- Infrastructure health check and monitoring
- Windows\VMware patching and firmware\drivers upgrade
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Continually improve operations through routine monitoring of system performance metrics and proactive actions.
- Reviewing of system log files, trend analysis, configuration, incident and problem management processes.
- Recommend and work with the L4 engineers or Solution Architect on system or architectural changes when needed to improve automation, performance, high availability and scalability.
- Update operational runbook documentation for any changes in the environment.
- Prevent infrastructure issues through Splunk, VeeamOne or any other analytic tools.
Qualifications / Experience
- 8+ years of experience as Windows and VMware Administrator
- Excellent PowerShell, Power CLI and other scripting skills
Installation, configuration, and administration of the major Windows\VMware components and strong technical knowledge in the below key technologies:
- Windows Servers (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016)
- AD Group Policies
- Remedy and Splunk
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Strong server hardware knowledge (Cisco and HPE)
- Fundamental networking knowledge
- VMWare ESXi, VSAN, VCenter and other hypervisor technologies
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal).
- Must be able to work under pressure and project deadlines.
- Strong skills in decision-making, prioritization and negotiation.
- Strong skills in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Passion and accountability for the environment you will be responsible for.
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other technical disciplines or equivalent work experience.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Hyderabad || Andhra Pradesh (IN-AP) || India (IN) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-BD1 || Tier 4 ||
Micron - 30+ days ago
How to Apply?