Effective from date of joining
Job Role Title:
Director Client Technology Systems & Data Integration, Client Technology Implementations
(as required by country)
(as required by country)
The primary function of this position is to support all technical aspects of traveler facing technology projects acting as the technical SME and is responsible for setting up online booking & profile management sites per access/login requirements and security specifications.
The ideal individual for this position has strong problem solving skills, project management expertise, strong travel industry and multiple GDS experience, Visual Basic and/or Scripting skills and an understanding of overall BCD Travel Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Specific Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Core Responsibilities (list 5-8 core responsibilities with subtasks bulleted below each core responsibility)
Core Responsibility 1:
- SME for HR data feeds, Single Sign On & GDS mappings
Core Responsibility 2:
- Provide technical support for successful deployments of traveler facing technologies
Core Responsibility 3:
- Being the key technical contact for integration of traveler facing technologies
Core Responsibility 4:
- Setting up and modifying custom data feed per requirements
Core Responsibility 5:
- Person in this role may also be assigned responsibility for the application management of TripSource: Profile Manager including:
- Application Monitoring & support
- Application Design
- Configuration Management
- Requirements Management
Essential Job Functions: (Required for US only-all other countries may delete)
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
Key Contacts / Relationships: (only list 3-4 key contacts in each section)
Internal Development Teams
Education / Knowledge / Experience: (Subject to local laws and practices)
- Working knowledge of technical specs for at least two major online booking tools.
- Profile knowledge of at least two GDS systems (Amadeus, Apollo, Galileo, Sabre, WorldSpan).
- Understanding of the Internet.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Outlook) and HTML.
- Visual Basic programming.
- Two years experience in working with Web-based technologies
- Experience in VB scripting and MS Access database
- BA/BS degree from accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
Characteristics & Competencies:
Core Competencies (applies to all jobs within BCD Travel)
Active Learning / Continuous Learning
Proactively pursue opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge
Communicate ideas and information accurately and in a way that engages the audience, helps them understand and encourages them to take action
Flexibility & Adaptability
Understand, adapt to and learn from changes or challenges in the environment
Honesty, Integrity, Building Trust
Demonstrates solid business ethics that give others confidence in your-and the company's-intentions
Look for new ideas and initiatives to improve individual, departmental or organizational performance
Consistently interact with individuals and groups in a positive and collaborative manner
Understand and apply service concepts and techniques that will surpass customer expectations
Work effectively as part of a team
Management Competencies (All 8 apply to management and leadership roles. Non-management roles may remove those that do not apply.)
Coaching & Developing Others
Provide feedback and instruction to help others succeed
Delegation & Empowerment
Empower and motivate others to take on tasks and responsibilities to achieve greater results
Recognize, understand, and manage your own and others' emotions to build productive and trusting relationships
Influence & Initiative
Actively and effectively pursue opportunities to influence others and the organization
Leading Organizational Change
Manage the successful transition from current to desired cultures, structures, practices or services
Motivate and guide a team toward objectives and success
Deal head-on with people problems and challenging situations using direct and tactful communication
Producing & Driving Results
Set goals for individual, team, customer or organizational success and use available resources to achieve-or exceed-those goals
Functional Competencies (Up to 8 selected from BCD Functional Competency Library)
Focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting work commitments.
Accuracy / Attention to Detail
Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Knowledge of effective listening issues and techniques; ability to gather, clarify, and apply information transmitted verbally, while exhibiting a genuine interest toward the speaker.
Managing Multiple Priorities
Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Knowledge of effective presentation tools and techniques; ability to present information to groups with the appropriate degree of formality.
Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Understand and Address Customer Needs
Ability to recognize and meet customer needs by offering appropriate products in an appropriate manner, while being sensitive to the different perspectives and priorities of different clients
Physical and Mental Requirements: (Required for US only-all other countries may delete)
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication's devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
- Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
Travel: (for designated positions)
- Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
- LI-LOCS Mumbai IN
BCD Meetings & Events - 12 days ago
How to Apply?