< Back to All Jobs
Smart4Talent - 30+ days ago
Food Safety & Hygiene Manager in Mumbai
Posted: 11 February, 2019
Designation : Food Safety & Hygiene Manager
Qualification : BSC /M.Sc. Degree with Microbiology /Food TECHNOLOGY
Experience : 8-9 Yrs
Salary : 5-8Lac PA
Location : Mumbai
Industry : Internet foodies and food
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Analyzes product quality metrics, audit data, customer feedback, regulator and workgroup input.
- Creates structure and organization of QA files of required suppliers, audits, product safety reviews, operating procedures, product information, compliance documents, certificates and/or critical supporting data in both electronic and paper formats.
- Develops and delivers effective communications to provide personnel at all levels with appropriate awareness and knowledge of quality assurance standards, requirement, program updates and process changes Interfaces and influences cross-functional teams as the Product Safety, Regulatory and Quality System expert in the development of new initiatives or operating practices.
- Ensures company business initiatives meet Quality, Product Safety and Regulatory standards.
- Helps chefs to standardize all recipes Works with food factories/suppliers to standardize food ingredients
- Develop food suppliers and products Leads project teams to develop and implement new QA programs or procedure improvements needed to support business initiatives.
- Collaborates and influences cross functionally to create alignment of QA programs across the company.
- Leads quality or regulatory incident resolution activities for the products and operating practices.
- Determines and recommends appropriate mitigation activities to the QA/Leadership team.
- Manages the development, implements and tracks effectiveness of QA programs including standards, procedures, tools and measures to assure that quality, product safety and regulatory requirements are met for ingredients, products, supplies and operations.
- Manages the process used to develop and update the procedures and processes that is used to assure the timely availability and appropriateness of product information, samples, certifications or official documents that is needed to meet local market regulatory requirements or to support product claims and naming in the market.
- Represents QA on internal teams in order to respond to complicated consumer, media, and other external organization inquiries about products, operating practices, claims, nutrition or labeling information.
- Stays up to date and builds expertise in product regulations, product safety best practices, public health regulations and industry best practices.
- Leverages knowledge to train more junior professionals in regulatory standards, QA processes and their role in the business.
- Uses department procedures and manages the gathering and review of product information from suppliers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Implements and monitors food safety management program for suppliers
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP Principles, ISO 9000, dairy regulations and applicable food codes for foodservice operations
- Reviews and drive compliance to local regulatory requirements like FSSAI for food items, labeling and distribution to the consumers, ensure labeling requirements for local supplies and adhere to the requirement
- Project management and implementation skills Able to conduct Food safety certification classes and basic food safety hygiene
- Progressive experience in QA including retail operations, logistics and warehousing Gathers, records and reports on operational and quality metrics
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of food technology, food microbiology, safe food handling procedures and food service sanitation practices.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP Principles, ISO 9000, dairy regulations and applicable food codes for food service operations.
- Knowledge of NSF and CSA standards, methodologies and protocols.
- Knowledge of sanitation certification requirements
- Ability to design and conduct Quality System and facilitate audits.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and responsibilities in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence internal customers and external service providers
- Ability to apply sound technical principles to root cause analyses, problem solving and project management.
- Familiarity with product regulations, food and non food product safety, product labeling and nutrition science including FSSAI, FDA, CODEX etc
- In depth understanding of food safety, food labeling and nutrition Ability to lead small teams, to manage progress effectively in ambiguous and unstructured situations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver accurate outcomes
- Ability to multitask, be detail oriented and to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to organize collection of data, analyze information and capture conclusions
if you are interested apply here , Please feel free to get in touch with us.
Smart4Talent - 30+ days ago
How to Apply?