< Back to All Jobs
OSI Systems, Inc. - 27 days ago
Electrical Engineer 3
Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana
Posted: 12 February, 2019
At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
Electrical Engineer will design and implement best-in-class systems for medical devices (such as patient monitoring, telemetry or anesthesia) and be part of a world class, highly energized engineering team. Works on projects involving micro-controller, embedded platform and digital circuit design in the development of products - including system and component level design, proto-typing, simulation and component selection.
- Design and development of engineering solutions for medical device systems. Provide detailed design work, simulation and component selection to meet product performance, quality, and reliability specifications.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of embedded applications, microprocessor based instrumentation, component design including FPGA's, firmware design and development, etc., supporting the development of products.
- Develop designs to meet all product design requirements for performance, reliability and manufacturability.
- Ensure all QMS and regulatory requirements are met for assigned projects.
- Test and debug systems by evaluating and validating programs/systems and specifications for new and existing Spacelabs products.
- Regularly report on individual project status to Project and functional manager.
- Proactively provide communication, both written and verbal. Create technical and maintenance documentation as needed.
- Interface with departmental staff in Research & Development department to facilitate the completion of project tasks by providing technical support to in-house personnel.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams Software, Mechanical and verification teams
- Work with external suppliers and internal operations engineering on design for manufacturability and testability.
- Conduct FMEA, Reliability analysis, and Hazard analysis on new designs.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Uphold Spacelabs values of Customer Obsession, Ownership Mindset and Superior Results.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to accomplish assigned tasks without supervision.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- B.Tech or M.Tech in ECE/EE with experience in high technology product development with minimum 8+ years of experience. Diploma in ECE/EE with minimum 10+ years of experience.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience in successfully developing medical devices preferred.
- Experience with microprocessor based instrumentation and digital electronic design.
- Experience with simulation tools and methods to optimize and verify designs.
- Work with layout engineers and review board designs
- Experience planning and conducting rigorous design of experiments and tests to validate designs.
- Experience with analog circuits and DC-DC converters
- Experience with design of high-density multi-layer PC boards, Design capture tools like Altium Designer, Cadence OrCAD CIS, Allegro Concept HDL, simulation tools like PSPICE, SI tools Hyper lynx and Allegro built in tools equivalent industry standard tools.
- Product testing for environmental conditions, vibration and EMI / EMC and product testing per other regulatory specifications is a must.
- Demonstrated skills in ability to meet project deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good documentation skills
- Self-initiative and self-managed
- Voice out issues and persuasive to resolve issues
- Good time management and organizational skills
- An ability to work to deadlines
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
OSI Systems, Inc. - 27 days ago
How to Apply?