Country Manager, International Life Sciences, India
Summary: The focus of this role is on expanding the existing pipeline of new business opportunities in the Life Science market within the country of responsibility to achieve or exceed quota annually. In the role you will be responsible for creating and executing a three-year business plan, aligned with the company vision of delivering the best in class R&D data management platform in the cloud. The aim will be to develop the appropriate channels to market, and to build a pipeline deals for maximum value and accelerate new business growth across the Life Science mid-market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Build and grow new accounts and prospective clients to full potential and deliver profitable, on target and recurring revenue growth
- Develop and implement a rolling 3 year strategic sales plan for the territory with objectives and strategies to increase revenue and aggressively acquire new accounts in line with IDBS’ corporate and regional strategy
- Develop and execute a commercial strategy for the region including
- Identifying and working with partners to maximize growth
- Build a team to manage multiple market segments
- Maintain and grow profitability
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for region
- Build and train a team to grow market presence and customer base in a sustainable and profitable way.
- Build brand in region and develop marketing and awareness strategies and monitor progress
- Develop account plans [for the top 5 target clients] that articulate
- the client’s strategy, culture, existing product portfolio, competitive position, financial state, investment plan, organization structure and key stakeholders
- the relevant unique and valuable perspectives on the market that will resonate with each key stakeholder to leverage IDBS’ solutions and win business
- Negotiate complex contracts and work orders in line with IDBS agreed parameters
- Utilize IDBS CRM (Salesforce) to track activities, customer communications, forecast, and onsite events with prospective customers ensuring data is accurate and current to enable accurate forecasting
- Maintain and develop client relations for new as well as existing clients, assuring all existing clients are contacted regularly to ensure customer satisfaction within assigned territory
- Leverage appropriate IDBS functions in furthering account development including Global Professional Services, Marketing, Product Management, Product Development, Solutions Consulting and Help Desk.
- Develop and execute a marketing plan appropriate for the target markets and pipeline development needs
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Strong track record of consistent on or above target performance, selling solutions into the life science market across region
- Experience in successfully selling across different cultures (domestic and international)
- Expertise in developing C-suite relationships with mid-sized organizations
- Demonstrable understanding of the business planning and forecasting process
- High energy individual with strong business acumen and first-class presentation skills
- Well-developed negotiation, project and account management skills with the ability to make timely and sound commercial decisions
- Ability to adapt and use the Challenger Selling Model to deliver on target performance
- Ability to leverage internal relationships to achieve goals
Required Skills & Experience
Versatility, resilience, flexibility, and a willingness to work at pace and with enthusiasm within constantly changing priorities
· Experience in enterprise software sales
· Scientific background in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or Engineering
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-India-India
Danaher - 30+ days ago
How to Apply?