Associate Analyst, Security Operations Center (SOC)/Cyber Security/SIEM tool
- SIEM/SOC/RTP Monitoring – L1/L2
- The Security Operations Center (SOC) is a high performance team in charge of physical and cyber security initial threat detection, triage and response.
- Through use of advanced monitoring and detection capabilities, with cutting edge security tools, the SOC can quickly respond to a diverse set of physical and cyber events.
- Use of advanced cyber and physical security tools, such as intrusion detection prevention systems, threat monitoring, wireless security monitoring, malware detection, data loss prevention, SIEM tools, high risk travel, and internal and perimeter controls.
- Are you passionate about Security?
- Do you operate with a sense of urgency?
- Can you quickly learn new technology and software?
- Can you adapt to new processes and advancements?
- Reviews, analyzes, and responds to security events triggered through the security monitoring systems according to internal security procedures for cyber events.
- Remains on the cutting edge of cyber threats, exploits and vulnerabilities.
- Provide proactive feedback to senior personnel and management as required.
- Operates in both the physical and cyber landscape, holistically protecting the organization on several fronts.
All About You
- Able to work in shifts in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Intermediate years of experience in cyber security.
- Possess a security and analytical mindset, where the goal of triage and investigation is to determine why something occurred, whether it was expected in the environment and if a security vulnerability needs to be mitigated.
- A background with Microsoft Windows and UNIX/Linux platforms (security or system administration), including basic knowledge of virtual environments. Programming skills (shell scripting, C, Python, etc.) (Preferred).
- Understands networking fundamentals: ports, protocols, and infrastructure details.
- A strong understanding of cyber security concepts. Exposure to commercial or open source security monitoring tools (intrusion detection prevention systems IDS/IPS, database security, Firewalls & Log Analysis, SIEM, Network Behavior Analysis tools, Antivirus, and Network Packet Analyzers, Malware analysis, forensics tool and vulnerability management, etc.) as well as understanding of regulatory compliance requirements (PCI, GLBA, SOX) (preferred).
- BS Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Criminal Justice, Political Science, Security Protection Management or, equivalent combination of experience and formal education.
- Intermediate security information and event management experience, Splunk is a positive.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
MasterCard - 30+ days ago
How to Apply?